Friday, August 5, 2011

Serendipity

Throughout my short journey with Fabulous Shoe Night, and its subsequent evolution into an instrument for helping charities, I have noticed many strange and fortuitous coincidences.  So many, in fact, that I can't help but take it as a sign from the Universe that I am indeed on the right path, in the right place at the right time, and doing what I am somehow meant to do. I am constantly astounded … not only by other's enthusiasm and sheer excitement for the concept, but at their suggestion that I contact someone they know who would "be a perfect fit" for the project. Upon speaking with that person, they are not only indeed a perfect fit, but they lead me to other people who are perfect fits for roles I had yet to fill;  for as FSN grows, so do it's needs. Yet no sooner do I realize I have to find someone to fill a specific role than does that person seemingly materialize before me by chance meeting or spontaneous introduction, possessing the ideal skill set. It feels like magic, and I feel like a little girl again when I believed, whole-heartedly and without question, in magic, and fairy dust, and making a wish on a star or a dandelion puff … like there is a great cosmic conductor behind the scenes, skillfully orchestrating the many moving parts … and  effortlessly blending the separate instruments, guiding their individual notes into a discernible harmony. 

All along this journey, that is what I feel like I've been doing …. listening. Simply listening. If I am still, and tune out the extraneous noise of life, and tune in to the emerging sounds of the budding harmony, I become aware of magic all around me.  I find that doing this "work" of bringing Fabulous Shoe Night to fruition doesn't feel like work at all …. it is effortless, like dancing.  I stop what I am doing  and make myself still … and listen … tune in to the music and put my finger on the beat.  Then I  simply follow the music, and go where it leads me. Because isn't that what happens when you hear a piece of music that moves you to your very soul? You listen … feel the beat set by the conductor, let yourself go … and dance.

1 comment: